Attorneys at Devine Timoney Law Group have recovered tens of millions of dollars for insurance carriers and excess carriers in litigated matters throughout the United States. Insurance Carriers and excess carriers contact Devine Timoney Law Group to respond promptly to new large losses and to intervene in existing actions initiated by other parties to ensure that third party claims are preserved and effectively prosecuted.
When a catastrophic loss occurs anywhere in the United States, insurance carriers, excess carriers and reinsurers rely upon Devine Timoney Law Group attorneys to spearhead the investigation and to make sure that the full scope of potential causes are considered, that appropriate experts are retained and that all potential third parties are promptly identified.
Our attorneys are recognized leaders in subrogation and recovery. When complex legal issues arise relating to an insurance carrier’s right to recover payments that it has made from responsible third parties, insurance carriers seek out attorneys at Devine Timoney Law Group for their depth of knowledge of the statutes, regulations and case law that govern a carriers’ right to recover damages.
Devine Timoney Law Group is also retained by insurance carriers in recovery matters beyond subrogation, where a third party’s fraud has caused a carrier to make payments that were unwarranted or inappropriate, or where reimbursement can be obtained for the insurance carrier through a contractual relationship.
Devine Timoney Law Group attorneys are routinely called upon by carriers and insurance trade organizations to provide in-house training and to lecture at insurance industry conferences on topics such as accident investigations, product defects and legal developments in subrogation and recovery.
Our services include:
- Emergency response to catastrophic losses, including on site assistance with evidence preservation issues and witness identification
- Specialized expert retention to identify all potential theories of recovery and to avoid Daubert challenges
- Litigating complex subrogation and recovery claims throughout the United States
- Identification, retention and coordination of specialized legal and expert teams to handle unique loss types such as aircraft or marine accidents.
- Enforcing a carrier’s right to recover or enforce its lien from matters initiated by other parties.
- Intervention in languishing third party actions initiated by others as necessary to preserve the recovery opportunity.
- Coordination of joint or related actions among multiple carriers relating to product defects that have caused multiple accidents or injuries to multiple parties.